Thursday, July 10, 2008

gotta get to work!

So I just got back from a study abroad trip to New Zealand and upon returning home, I've realized that I have a lot of work to do.  I have to cut myself some kind of break, I was away for five months, but that is a long time without my studio and craft supplies!  Also, I'm pretty broke from all the traveling I did, so right now I really need to balance "work" with my real work:) ("work" is obviously my job stuffing play mice with catnip, and folding t shirts at my dad's shop).

One thing I'm really excited about is all the supplies I've managed to collect from New Zealand. I have TONS of new and interesting bottle caps.  My favorite are Tui caps.  They are bright red and have a black and white bird on them.  I also collected heaps of shells and other fun foreign nick knacks.  I'm also hoping I can find a way to incorporate my photography.  The landscapes in New Zealand are incredible and I would love to use them somehow.  We'll see what I come up with.

So this weekend I'm planning a major craftathon.  Hopefully I'll have more then five things to post on etsy soon;)  

ps. if you are interested at all in New Zealand or my trip, I kept a travel blog.  Some of the entries were about what I was up to (schoolwork and such), but I have tons of travel entries and lots of great photos.  I travelled the most in may.  Go ahead and check it out!

No comments: