Tuesday, August 12, 2008

all work and no play makes jill a dull girl

ahhhh so many bottle caps!(not even half )eeek

this is my bottle cap jewelry bin


So I've been working pretty hard lately on my jewelry and I've been trying out some new fused plastic sewing projects. I've pretty much been working non stop since I haven't been getting any hours at my dad's shop (they're a bit slower in the summer). I have to get my stuff ready for bel air festival of the arts in September. I'm still not sure yet whether I'm going to be having a full booth or a half booth, but I still need to increase my stock.

I've also been doing a lot of organizing in my room and also in my workshop. I have soooooo many art supplies it's not even funny. Its been hard, but I've found that the best way to organize is to have bins for each kind of project. I have a whole organized bin for painting, one for print media, one for colored pencils, one for drawing . . . you get the idea. Anyways, I like to make my supplies portable. I also have been trying to clear off my workspace so I can actually sit down there and work instead of cramming into my room and trying to do everything on the floor. Genius huh? haha

While I was adding resin to my bottle caps, I realized I haven't done any craft projects just for me lately. I decided it was time to take a small break. I worked on a project I've ben wanting to do for a long time. I guess I kinda cheated and took pictures and made it into a craft tutorial (to be posted soon:), but it was still relaxing and nice. It's satisfying to sometimes be able to keep something I make. After I finished my project I made my favorite dinner (ling ling potstickers and stir fry mmmmm) and watched the Jane Austen Book Club. I really love that movie, and of course Hugh Dancy. Anyways, it turned out to be a pretty perfect night. Now I think I'll just lay back, watch Ollie run on his wheel and curl up in my bed to read a little harry potter:)

my comfy bed awaits:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do love that movie and I like your setup, it's so cool!